1 lb hot Italian sausage (454g)
6 garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
1 medium onion, strung, use Cone #2
16 oz tomato sauce (454 g)
14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes (411g)
1⁄2 tsp red pepper flakes (1g)
18 oz penne pasta (510 g)
4 1⁄2 cups water (1.01 L)
3⁄4 cup heavy cream (180 ml)
1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, shredded, use Cone #2 (100g)
1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, use Cone #2 (170 g)
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, add sausage and cook until browned.
- Add garlic and onions, and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, pasta, water and heavy cream. Stir to combine and cover.
- When the Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook 15-20 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Add Pecorino Romano and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top and cover. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve warm.